Eli Ebony and Logan

Eli Ebony and Logan
The kids in Elis room!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Oh oh oh, I think he is communicating with me...

Now as I have said before, as a result of starting later (than newborn/3monthsish) I missed looking out for his natural cues and as a result I think he has stopped doing them.This in turn means we have to start communicating a different way and learn together.

I think this week we have had a breakthrough though. Although Logan is not yet able to 'tell' me clearly with any sign that he needs to go, when I take him and if he needs to do a BM, he has started do the raspberry I have been doing to indicate number 2. This happened for a day or two, which I sort of noticed and dismissed.By the third day I was looking for it. He doesn't actually do it to tell me to take him, but whenever he has done a poo however large and even once just pop offs he has made this raspberry like sounds.It is quite distinctive.

More to the point he doesn't do it in general with relations to going to the loo,because if he just does a wee he doesn't do it. It is often even a little delayed from being first held in position. He usually wees with a BM, as all the muscles are relaxed, but a little less than a normal wee. If he starts the sound, I ask him and cue him. It has given me confidence to wait a bit longer than I would have, and invariably something has come out. (And I tell you -without being too graphic- one day they were pretty runny and I was sure glad I wasn't cleaning that off his butt and out of a nappy).

I guess I am going to just monitor this to be confident this is truly happening. It has been another growth in his/our learning though, and we have had great success this week with all sides of elimination. Now we need to continue with consistency and eventually that true communication to ask me to take him.That will be amazing. I feel very close to him and very pleased to be able to instinctively read him (sometimes) so well!

I have made 3pr of training pants now, plus the 2 ecaware I bought. I hope to have 12 or so in the end... so we can use them all the time at home. I have to say though I have made them so absorbent they take a bit to dry. The summer will be great because they will be able to turn around quite quickly. I am just putting 2 layers of bamboo now although the first one has 3,and I am making some seperate boosters so they can be dried seperately. I will start going through my nappies now too I think and see which ones I can sell. With the training pants I don't need my newborn prefolds so much although they have been invaluable 1 wee catchers!

Well this one was just going to be quick, so better make tracks!

No comments:

Post a Comment